On 22 September, the Steering Committee Meeting of the PTB Eastern Partnership Project was held in an online format.
PTB seperated the group into acreditation experts and market surveillance experts and gave a deep chance to discuss a relevant topic among the peers. For accreditation, it was planned to have an exchange on the transition process to ISO/IEC 17025:2017. As experts, Ms. Rózsa Ring, Ms. Ardita Mele and Mr Dionysios Kyriakidis took part. For market surveillance the topic was on cooperation with customs. Therefore, the Customs, Tax and SPS Border Control Agency of Georgia cohosted the event. As expert, Ms Linda Rinkule took part.
Please find the agenda here.
The SC was responsible to oversee the project management including planning and evaluation. It provided guidance to PTB on strategic aspects related to the project implementation. Further, the SC was used as a platform for an open and constructive debate with the aim of identifying possibilities of regional cooperation and the best possible solutions for emerging challenges.
The main tasks of the SC members included the following:
- Review of project progress on the basis of the project operational plan (OP) and relevant reports;
- Contribute to the project planning and monitoring;
- Provide guidance to PTB on project planning and implementation;
- Ensure that stakeholder interests are met by the project outputs;
- Help balancing conflicting priorities and resources.
In order to fulfil the main tasks, the SC members had to:
- be genuinely interested in the project objective and outputs and familiarise themselves with the project outline and its activities;
- appreciate the significance of the project for major stakeholders and represent their interests;
- be an advocate for the project and be actively involved in pursuing the project outcomes;
- understand the strategic implications and impact of project activities;
- have some understanding of project management.
Besides PTB, members of the SC were representatives of the main partner organisations of the project. You can find the list of partner institutions here.
All organisations have been represented by one or two staff members, preferably a representative of the senior management. SC members ensured continuity of representation in SC meetings.
There could be further participants as guests, for example from the German Embassies, World Bank, UNIDO or GIZ if there was a need.
SC meetings are held annually. Additional meetings can be organised if deemed necessary by the members. In urgent cases, SC members may submit a request via email to PTB for an additional SC meeting.
For more information, please contact Project Coordinator Ms. Janin Fischer (firstname.lastname@example.org).