Working hours: Part time (approx. 9 hours per week) support the project implementation, Tbilisi.
Start: December 2020.
Who we are
The German national metrology institute Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB) employs more than 2.000 people, is a global player in the world of metrology and has been involved in numerous international cooperation projects worldwide. With regard to development cooperation, PTB acts as one of the three commissioned state advisory institutions with funds from the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). PTB International Cooperation projects contribute to the implementation and improvement of the quality infrastructure (QI) and its services in the partner countries.
German cooperation started the project "Using regional synergies of the countries of the Eastern Partnership in the field of Quality Infrastructure" in November 2018. The project aims to increase regional exchange between the national accreditation bodies and the market surveillance agencies of the Eastern Partnership countries in order to further adapt their activities and processes to international and European best practices.
The Eastern Partnership countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine.
The project has potential for positive changes and impacts by building up networks for technical exchange between the partners as well as by actively applying technical know-how from the more highly developed countries, the six partner countries will become more harmonized and increasingly orient their accreditation and market surveillance systems toward international and European best practices.
- Support in the implementation of the project in close cooperation with the PTB coordinator in Braunschweig and the project partners in the six partner countries
- Facilitating activities and communication with the partner institutions and other donor organisations, e.g. GIZ
- Administrative support in organising project activities (workshops / conferences / seminars) in the six partner countries
- Participation in working meetings
- Attending meetings to coordinate the activities of other donors and donor organisations in the area of quality infrastructure in the six partner countries
- Communication of the current project status to the project coordinator, the partners and experts involved in the project
- Documentation of the results in the form of a report
Professional qualifications and requirements
- Diploma or master in engineering, economics / agricultural sciences or similar
- Experience in international technical cooperation
- Good knowledge of the public and private actors in Georgia and preferably other countries of the Eastern partnership
- Knowledge of the quality infrastructure system, e.g. B. Certification / standardization / measurement technology, especially in the agricultural and food sector, are an advantage
- Excellent competence in the following areas: oral and written communication IT (Microsoft Office, Internet)
- Ability to work as a team
- Excellent knowledge of English and Russian (further languages of the partner countries are a plus)
- Readiness to conduct sporadic business trips within the country and to the partner countries and EU member states
*PTB encourages female candidates to apply.
1) application online stating the position you are looking for:
- the curriculum vitae
- a letter of motivation
- at least two professional reference contacts.
2) requirements and availability.
The documents are to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
by Monday, October 5, 2020, 12:00 p.m. UCT+4.
Recruitment interviews: tbd. October 2020, online.
For further informationabout the PTB and the Department of International Cooperation please use the following link.
Contact for questions: PTB Team: email@example.com.