On 06 April, the Steering Committee Meeting of the PTB Eastern Partnership Project will be held. The venue is to be defined.
On 07 April, PTB is seperating the group into acreditation experts and market surveillance experts and will give a deep chance to discuss a relevant topic among the peers. For accreditation, it is planned to have an exchange on the transition process to ISO/IEC 17025:2017. As experts, Ms. Rózsa Ring, Ms. Ardita Mele and Mr Dionysios Kyriakidis willl take part. For market surveillance the topic will be on cooperation with customs. Therefore, the Customs, Tax and SPS Border Control Agency of Georgia will cohost the event. As expert, Ms Linda Rinkule will take part.
Please find the draft agenda here.
The SC is responsible to oversee the project management including planning and evaluation. It shall further provide guidance to PTB on strategic aspects related to the project implementation. Further, the SC shall be used as a platform for an open and constructive debate with the aim of identifying possibilities of regional cooperation and the best possible solutions for emerging challenges.
The main tasks of the SC members include the following:
- Review of project progress on the basis of the project operational plan (OP) and relevant reports;
- Contribute to the project planning and monitoring;
- Provide guidance to PTB on project planning and implementation;
- Ensure that stakeholder interests are met by the project outputs;
- Help balancing conflicting priorities and resources.
In order to fulfil the main tasks, the SC members shall:
- Be genuinely interested in the project objective and outputs and familiarise themselves with the project outline and its activities;
- Appreciate the significance of the project for major stakeholders and represent their interests;
- Be an advocate for the project and be actively involved in pursuing the project outcomes;
- Understand the strategic implications and impact of project activities;
- Have some understanding of project management.
Besides PTB, members of the SC shall be representatives of the main partner organisations of the project. You can find the list of partner institutions here.
All organisations may be represented by one staff member, preferably a representative of the senior management. SC members shall ensure continuity of representation in SC meetings.
There might be further participants as guests, for example from the German Embassies, World Bank, UNIDO or GIZ if there is a need.
SC meetings are held annually. Additional meetings can be organised if deemed necessary by the members. In urgent cases, SC members may submit a request via email to PTB for an additional SC meeting.
For more information, please contact Project Coordinator Ms. Janin Fischer (email@example.com).